The following are the standard criteria which the institution will need to demonstrate in detail when the institution first applies for accreditation
with TESOL Standards International:
The Institution has:
- A comprehensive statement of educational purpose.
- A management and staffing system which is well trained, qualified and aware of the standard criteria.
- A comprehensive and fair application procedure.
- A comprehensive and concise description of courses and awards offered to potential trainees.
- A comprehensive and consistent method of operation by its staff.
- A desire to subject its courses to a rigorous inspection process which will be ongoing.
- An ongoing staff development policy.
- Comprehensive standards and procedures for the award of its certificates.